Friday, June 10, 2011

Thought for the Day

Dearest Family,
Since we are working hard on our Scripture Challange that Dad gave us all, I found this quote in my Book of Mormon Institute Manual and thought I would share it with you.  I have a couple more also, but I'll try to share only one each day!
 
President Spencer W. Kimball spoke of the power of scriptures to help us draw nearer to God:  Quote-- "I find that when I get casual in my relationships with divinity and when it seems that no divine ear is listening and no divine voice is speaking, that I am far, far away.  If I immerse myself in the scriptures, the distance narrows and the spirituality retunrs.  I find myself loving more intensely those whom I must love with all of my heart and mind and strength, and loving them more."
I find it quite interesting that this quote was taken out of a Book (or a talk, I'm not sure) that President Kimball wrote and it is titled "What I Hope You Will Teach My Grandchildren and All Others of the Youth of Zion."
 
We love and treasure each of you so very much. 
Have a wonderful weekend!!!
 
Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment